When seeking treatment for prostate cancer, choose a procedure that not only destroys the cancer, but also allows you to preserve what matters™. Cryotherapy is proven effective for prostate cancer. The following facts about cryotherapy may be important for you and your loved ones.
- It is a minimally invasive and nonsurgical treatment with a low complication rate.1
- Tumors are destroyed in one treatment and cryotherapy with the Endocare® System results in biochemical disease-free survival in more than 92% of low-risk patients.1
- Cryotherapy can be repeated if any cancer cells are detected after the original treatment, or if your cancer returns. It can also be used as a salvage treatment for patients whose cancer comes back after radiation therapy.1
- A urethral warming system is used during the procedure to preserve the urethra, providing the potential to preserve urinary control.1
- Bahn DK, Lee F, Badalament R, et al. Targeted cryoablation of the prostate: 7-year outcomes in the primary treatment of prostate cancer. Urology. 2002;60(2 Suppl 1):3-11.